SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
We help organizations turn large amounts of data into knowledge they can use, and we do it better than anyone. It’s no wonder an overwhelming majority of our customers continue to use SAS every year. It’s because we hire the best people to create great software and services.
In this position, you will work as a SAS Software Solutions Engineer on the SAS Fraud Management Hosted Solution. Primarily, you will provide technical support for trouble-shooting multi-faceted issues within complex customer environments across the globe in Amazon Web Services. The SAS Fraud Management solution is a mission-critical solution that monitors and detects fraud in financial institutions. As a member of this team, you support customers during a rotation to ensure the solution is operational to a negotiated service level agreement.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, software engineering, or a related field;
• Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting complex software applications, testing software, and/or general programming, including experience leading projects.
• Experience with Linux Enterprise Red Hat.
• Minimum of 2 years working on Amazon Web Services solutions or like Enterprise Cloud solutions.
• Minimum of 3 years working on Oracle Enterprise databases.
• 3 years of expert knowledge of SAN and large networking environments.
• 2 years of expert script "shell/perl" coding skills.
• Able to manage global customer experience and technical issues.
• Willing to provide after hour support to our Global customers and internal teams.
Ideal candidate will have some or all of the below in addition to basic requirements:
• Experience writing Technical Documentation;
• Experience working in customer technical environments;
• Experience in the banking or insurance industries;
• Experience doing production support;
• Experience with the SAS programming language;
• Experience with SAS Business Intelligence Server.
• Experience with IBM MQ Series.
• Oracle DBMS
• Active MQ
• Experience with other database technologies.
Should have these competencies/aptitude:
• Expert problem-solving, analytical and trouble-shooting skills;
• Project management knowledge and methodology experience;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Good verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to relate technical issues and impact in terms business executives can understand;
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Ability to work flexible work hours to include other time zones.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn