We help organizations turn large amounts of data into knowledge they can use, and we do it better than anyone. It’s no wonder an overwhelming majority of our customers continue to use SAS every year. It’s because we hire the best people to create great software and services.
We are looking for candidates with analytical or data science backgrounds who can perform analysis and present results in creative and dynamic ways using the latest web and application technologies. This requires a combination of analytical experience and programming language expertise.
• Master's degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, operations research, or a related quantitative field
• At least 2 years of experience in data analysis or analytical consulting
• At least 1 year of experience programming in the SAS System
• Experience creating visualizations for presenting data and analysis
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
• Experience consuming data from RESTful APIs, preferably with JSON
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to solve customers' complex business problems using innovative analytical techniques
• Familiarity with data mining approaches
• Ability to communicate with people of various technical and business backgrounds, including the ability to explain difficult technical concepts in simple terms to business users.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Proven record of handling increasing responsibilities
• Ability to travel as business requirements dictate, up to 25%
Ideal candidate will have some or all of the below experience and skills in addition to the essential requirements:
• Experience with Link or Social Network Analysis
• Industry or academic experience in mathematical/statistical modeling, pattern recognition, or data mining/data analysis.
• Experience with SAS Enterprise Miner and Text Miner software
• Experience with SAS ETS and SAS Forecast Studio
• Experience with probabilistic linkage of large data sets
• Experience with analytic approaches related to fraud detection
• Experience in industry or government, especially fraud detection
• Willing to relocate or currently located in the Cary, NC area
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.