SAS is seeking an Application Development Database Administrator to join us for a 6 month contract.
This development minded individual will be responsible for tuning query performance and working closely with Java development teams throughout this project to implement functionality to increase speed of data delivery within the Orion Platform, as well as the GMS platform.
We are currently seeking someone with the following experience:
- 2-4 years of Oracle DBA experience
- Experience developing software in Java (server and/or client-side)
- Knowledge of SQL + plsql
- Knowledge or Oracle (11g preferred, not required)
- Developing procedures/functions/triggers/cursors/collections/etc.
- Building GUIs
- Data modeling
- Restful web services
- Extensive experience with Hibernate and tuning queries
- Extensive experience with query tuning:
- Familiar with how to read an explain plan
- Familiar with histograms, indexes, bind variables
- Knowledgeable of JPA, QueryDSL (preferred)
- Experience with Hibernate, and the concept of ORM, (object relational mapping)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field.