We help organizations turn large amounts of data into knowledge they can use, and we do it better than anyone. It’s no wonder an overwhelming majority of our customers continue to use SAS every year. It’s because we hire the best people to create great software and services.
As a Systems Architect in the Technology Office of SAS R&D, you will be a key contributor in the design and implementation of enterprise software architectures. You will define architectural approaches for software applications through consideration of business and market requirements, system quality attributes, and overall technical direction. You will create reference applications, contribute to API reviews, and design/develop common frameworks. This role also drives and synthesizes analysis of new and emerging software technologies, partnering with appropriate teams to drive assessment and adoption.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
- Collaborate with product managers, UX designers, other R&D architects/developers, and quality assurance engineers to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new and existing applications to ensure that all products adhere to a common architecture to form a cohesive product line.
- Use standard tools and software architecture methodologies to evaluate design trade offs to develop updated software architectures
- Work with Product Management to ensure changes are consistent with business objectives and customer requirements.
- Manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture
- Maintain and organize detailed documentation about technical designs with supporting justification for architectural and design choices.
- Provide source material and diagrams for white papers and user documentation of SAS product architecture
- Provide technical guidance on methodologies, frameworks, and best practices to developers to encourage the flow of information and promote understanding among product teams.
- Develop reference architectures and/or sample applications to demonstrate standards in practice.
Do you qualify? You must have…
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related quantitative field
- Five years of experience in professional software development (C, C++, Java)
- Experience with web-based and cloud-native architectures
- Knowledge and experience with full lifecycle development (requirements, design, development, testing) for commercial software products
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments.
- Ability to analyze complex data and produce easily understandable content
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Preferences for this role include…
- Experience with REST API development and API management technologies
- Experience with cloud computing environments such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of industry standards for application security
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn