• Defines client needs, determines a strategy and develops a plan/proposal for delivery which generally leads to a client's internal process or function being modified for improved efficiency and effectiveness.
• Analyzes organizational strategy and business processes to assist in the development of technology solutions in full alignment with overall business goals.
• Designs, implements and delivers business performance/improvement programs in areas such as customer relationship management, business process reengineering, and business performance improvement.
• Performs analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing business processes as necessary.
• Designs or modifies business processes and the corresponding information technology solutions.
• Advises clients on strategy development, transformational change, organizational restructuring and improving the effectiveness of specific functions based on a solid understanding of client businesses, industries, regulatory environments and markets.
• Helps client organizations to successfully navigate through critical businesses changes and address complex issues.
• May work with sales to conduct various financial assessments of technology investments (ROI/ROA, etc.).
• May participate on client/customer steering committees related to the broader aspects of the program/project being implemented in order to ensure that analytics and project direction are understood at the executive level.
• Demonstrated health care industry relationships and credibility.
• Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization.
• Understanding of analytics and how they are used to solve customer problems.
• Fundamental understanding of decision support and operation software systems.
• Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
• Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
• Public speaking experience
• Familiarity with health care sensitive information and integration with technology
The ideal candidate would have expertise in Medicaid policy, health care service delivery and payment systems, behavioral health care, developmental disabilities, social services, aging and community-based services and can offer targeted/actionable guidance around the following topics:
• Health care reform
• Medicaid/Medicare consulting, including policy and reimbursement
• Management and policy guidance for physicians, hospitals, home health agencies, health centers, intermediate care facilities and nursing facilities,
• Managed care and other care coordination strategies, including integration models involving mental health and substance use disorder services
• Quality improvement innovations, including those initiated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation
• Service delivery and payment system reform
Best matched candidates will have some or all of the below in addition to above mentioned skills/experience:
• Education to post graduate level in a subject relevant to the position
• Ability in and experience of team leadership and program/project management is desirable
• Experience of carrying out technical consulting with governments and other policy actors at a high level, as well as strong negotiation, facilitation and listening skills;
• Strong leadership capabilities and ability to work pro-actively and productively alone and in teams within minimal direction.
• Interprets statutory and administrative rule requirements
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.