Responsible for sales of SAS software products, solutions and services in a high volume, multi-tasking environment to prospective and current accounts.
- Sells software, solutions and services to current and prospective customers; works with other sales personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
- Fulfills wide range of requests for information from prospective customers. Qualifies level of opportunity and type of account.
- Prospects within a territory or account to uncover business needs.
- Implements aspects of territory and account management and development; identifies accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, and forecast time frames to close business.
- Works closely with account managers and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential leads.
- Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for services.
- Follows up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- Develops a basic understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Lead research within a territory or account to uncover business opportunities.
- Research on reference customers and appropriate solutions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic sales techniques; good written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills, good organizational skills.
- Ability to work and learn independently; ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to travel occasionally; ability to work in a fast paced, high volume sales environment.
- Knowledge of SAS products, solutions and services preferred
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS, Finance or other relevant discipline.
- Typically requires between 2-5 years of experience in the sales, marketing, or technical support of computer software solutions (including related training products and services), computer hardware, or telecommunications software/hardware. Specific industry related experience may be considered in combination with the above requirements.
- Evidence of quota attainment
- Banking or finance experience
- Preferred location for this position is Cary, NC
- Travel: 50%
No matter the industry, organizations are collecting data at a faster pace than they can often handle. SAS provides everything they need to make sense of that data, manage its growth and determine what information brings the most value. Whether it’s to reduce fraud in banking, speed drugs to market in life sciences, forecast demand in retail, detect security breaches in government or identify students at risk of falling behind, SAS takes pride in making a difference.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn