As a SAS Solutions OnDemand Consultant and Data Solution Architect, you will provide external clients with objective strategic advisory services around system integration, solution placement and architecting the interoperability between several different yet related projects. Using your listening skills, you will be responsible for being a subject matter expert and interface with key stakeholders and executives. Understanding fully their business problem, you will then use your extraordinary translation abilities to document and disseminate this information into requirements and then work with the program manager and technical team to derive proposed solutions (as well as work with the QA staff on testing plans to ensure that the result meets the intended purpose).
• Analyzes organizational strategy and business processes to assist in the development of technology solutions in full alignment with overall business goals.
• Analyze and assess current processes to define and document improvements.
• Designs, implements and delivers solution performance/improvement suggestions.
• Performs analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing business processes as necessary.
• May work with customer to conduct various financial assessments of technology investments (ROI/ROA, etc.).
• Participate in client/customer steering committees related to the broader aspects of the program/project being implemented in order to ensure that analytics and project direction are understood at the executive level.
• Contribute to requirements, design and project plans.
• Recommend method and procedural changes for software solutions and also business process adoption.
• Interact with internal staff, clients/customers and collaborators across departments or functional teams.
• Develop and document best practices and operational procedures
Basic and Minimum Requirements to perform in the role:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or related field.
• Demonstrated proficiency in gathering business requirements, developing process flows and documenting use cases to support the achievement of strategic goals.
• Expertise in translating business processes into documentation and use cases; designing technical solutions to improve business productivity.
• Experience with complete software development life cycle and designing enterprise solutions.
• Demonstrated ability coordinating communication between business & technical resources.
• Expertise on technical solution implementations
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
Additional Skills and Knowledge:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving skills and analytical mindset
• Attention to detail and accuracy
Ideal candidates will also have one or more of the below:
• Prior experience working with State & Local Governments
• Experience with SAS 9 technologies
• Working knowledge of business processes, system development and process improvements.
• Experience with and strong understanding of various technologies and platforms.
• Services delivery or consulting experience
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.