No matter the industry, organizations are collecting data at a faster pace than they can often handle. SAS provides everything they need to make sense of that data, manage its growth and determine what information brings the most value. Whether it’s to reduce fraud in banking, speed drugs to market in life sciences, forecast demand in retail, detect security breaches in government or identify students at risk of falling behind, SAS takes pride in making a difference.
A seasoned banking finance executive who leverages extensive industry expertise and networks to drive revenue growth. Creates and delivers credible and unique viewpoints to differentiate SAS in the market. Actively works with sales teams and partners in support of sales opportunities and provides strategic impact to the industry sales go-to-market plans.
• Provides direct industry/business domain sales support through sales calls, customer visits, software demonstrations, and presentations contributing to new revenue generation.
• Prepares and delivers presentations and demonstrations that articulate a solution capability at the C-level.
• Responsible for sales tool development, including use cases, demos, and proof of concepts.
• Coaches the sales force on industry focused account strategies and leads the sales organization with new account penetration strategies. Involved in all stages of the sales engagement.
• Develops and maintains relationships with internal resources, partners, key consultancies, and system integrators to establish focused and effective strategic teaming arrangements.
• Develops industry specific sales strategy that enables the SAS sales force to establish SAS as the key risk and finance analytics partner.
• Supports sales enablement through sales and partner training programs.
• Leads customer engagements (e.g. solution/domain enablement, discovery, value quantification, best practices) in support of pre and post sales activities.
• Participates in activities that demonstrate SAS’ industry experience and leadership. May publish industry articles, blogs and white papers. Speaks at internal and external industry events. Develop workshops to educate sales/marketing team.
• Identifies industry trends, emerging issues, competitive advances and threats. Coordinates with other SAS resources to help define SAS’ position regarding these trends and issues, then aligns SAS’ position based on business unit market requirements.
• Participates with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with SAS business unit specific strategic plans; assists in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote industry sales and marketing initiatives.
• Works closely with sales staff, sales management, and marketing staff to ensure successful positioning of industry solutions and that a consistent message is communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
• Identifies sales support resources required to deliver appropriate SAS solution design.
• Assists with providing market-driven information for future product direction using industry expertise and direct interaction with customers, prospects, analysts, and other external resources.
• Builds credibility and trusted advisor relationship with customers.
• Required to travel on a frequent basis.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
Do you qualify? You must have…
Demonstrated executive relationships and credibility in the financial services sector.
• Specialized knowledge in the following areas: reporting requirements for CECL, credit risk management in capital planning, capital forecasting, CCAR/DFAST stress testing.
• Familiarity with risk assessment, financial reporting, and regulatory filing requirements in the US banking industry.
• Knowledge of current and emerging regulatory and supervisory perspectives as well as industry best practices in credit risk and financial reporting.
• Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization.
• Demonstrated ability to build consensus and influence without direct authority.
• Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills.
• Good program management, project management and facilitation skills.
• Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
• Public speaking experience.
• Bachelors Degree required, preferably in Accounting, Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or related discipline.
• Masters degree preferred.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or similar certification, desirable.
• Familiarity with SAS tools or the SAS Risk portfolio of solutions a plus.
• Typically requires a minimum of ten years of related experience.
• Experience as a Chief Financial Officer, Chief Accounting Officer, Controller, Financial Accountant, Asset Liability Manager, or similar executive in a banking finance or accounting department.
• Experience designing, implementing and managing financial reporting systems and procedures.
• Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.
• Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion. Vision requirements for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.