SAS continues to expand its portfolio of products in the latest cutting-edge technological breakthroughs and IoT is a primary focus. Be part of the “ground floor” working with a development group focused on bringing the magic of SAS analytics to the Edge, Cloud or in data centers while working within SAS’ renowned R&D group where the magic happens.
As a member of the SAS IoT R&D team you will be responsible for developing new IoT products to bring greater market share in IoT to SAS. Also, you will have the opportunity to:
- Understand customer requirements for IoT use cases.
- Design and develop IoT prodcuts.
- Determine the analytic methods needed to solve business problems from IoT use cases.
- Interact with software testing, product management, technical writing, and technical support teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Decision Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related quantitative field
- 2 years or more experience in data analysis or analytical consulting.
- 2 years or more experience using SAS programming and/or other languages such as R, Python, Java, or C++.
- Theoretical, conceptual and practical understanding of analytics and analytical methodologies as well as technologies used in support of providing analytical capabilities.
- Experience with data acquisition, validation, and management of incoming data from streaming data systems, such as control automation, SCADA.
- Experience programming in a Linux environment.
- Understanding of software/systems delivery processes and standards.
- Ability to work independently and with a team environment.
- Masters degree in Decision Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related quantitative field
- Design schema and streaming pipelines for real-time environments.
- Experience with data ingestion systems such as Kafka, NiFi, MQTT.
- Experience in consulting, client-facing roles and working in project environments.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills; ability to think analytically.
- Ability to communicate with people with various technical backgrounds and relate statistical concepts and applications to statistical and non-statistical users.
- Experience in gathering business requirements and ability to write and edit technical material
- Strong communication skills with experience presenting to business audiences
- Experience with industrial and IoT security standards.
- Ability to solve customers' complex business problems using innovative analytical processes and techniques
- Ability to communicate with people of various technical and business backgrounds, including the ability to explain advanced technical concepts in appropriate terms to business users.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above. To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn