Sr. Associate Test Engineer: Government Support & Consulting/NC Health Information Exchange (NC HIE)- Remote or Hybrid
Nice to meet you!
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence - and questions into answers.
We’re also a debt-free multi-billion-dollar organization on our path to IPO-readiness. If you're looking for a dynamic, fulfilling career coupled with flexibility and world-class employee experience, you'll find it here.
About the job
The Government Supoort and Consulting team is looking for a Sr. Associate Test Engineer to conduct testing of new and existing interface functionality for the North Carolina Health Information Exchange (NC HIE) branded as NC HealthConnex®. This role will ensure quality within timeline expectations during the development lifecycle for various software product offerings and document standard operating procedures for Production Support processes.
As a Sr. Associate Test Engineer, you will:
- Designs, develops, and executes test plans, scenarios, and/or processes
- Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action
- Interacts directly with developers to test program code to ensure software quality and functionality
- Involves stakeholders to ensure consistency in product and/or feature integration
- Identifies and verifies defects
- Participates in project scoping and scheduling; tracks progress of individual tasks and communicates status and risks
- Reviews relevant documentation
- Keeps current of the state-of-the-art technology
- Evaluates the scope and feasibility of fixes within their area of responsibility
- Developing professional expertise; applies acquired skills and knowledge of policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires consideration of a variety of factors. Builds productive working relationships across teams
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- 2-4 years of experience writing software applications, testing software, and/or general programming
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered
- Knowledge of software testing tools, methodologies, and principles.
- Receives minimal guidance on day-to-day work and moderate guidance on new projects or assignments.
- Thrives in a fast-paced teamwork environment; relies heavily on teammates and except teammates to rely on you.
- Experience, exposure to, or willingness to learn:
- Healthcare processes, HCO applications, EMR/EHRs, HIPAA compliance, and clinical jargon.
- An HL7 integration engine (e.g., Intersystems Ensemble, Nextgen/Mirth, Rhapsody, Cloverleaf).
- SQL with the ability to perform queries for support purposes
- Comprehensive medical, prescription, dental and vision plans.
- Medical plan options include...
- PPO with low annual deductible and copays.
- HDHP combined with a health savings account with a contribution from SAS (no access to on-site health care center).
- Onsite Health Care Center (HQ) that’s free to employees and family members enrolled in the PPO plan. There's a pharmacy too! Not local to HQ? The pharmacy will ship prescriptions for no additional charge!
- An industry-leading 401k plan.
- Generous time away including vacation time, a variety of paid holidays, and our much-loved U.S. Winter Wellness Break between December 25 and January 1.
- Volunteer Time Off, parental leave and unlimited paid sick days.
- Generous childcare benefits for all full-time employees.
Diverse and Inclusive
At SAS, it’s not about fitting into our culture – it’s about adding to it. We believe our people make the difference. Our diverse workforce brings together unique talents and inspires teams to create amazing software that reflects the diversity of our users and customers. Our commitment to diversity is a priority to our leadership, all the way up to the top; and it’s essential to who we are. To put it plainly: you are welcome here.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Know Your Rights. Also view the Pay Transparency notice.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, or on behalf of SAS, please contact Recruitingsupport@sas.com.